Okapi utilities are components that provide a specific function through a single common interface.
Utilities are grouped into utility sets.
The utilities currently offered through the Okapi Framework are the following:
- Byte-Order-Mark Conversion - Allows to add or remove BOM
(Byte-Order-Mark) characters in UTF-8 text files.
- CDATA Conversion - Allows
to set as CDATA the content of specified elements in XML files.
- DNL List Editing - Allows to
create and maintain Do-Not-Translate lists.
- Encoding Conversion - Allows to convert a text-based input file from one encoding to another.
- Line-Break Conversion - Allows to convert the line-breaks of a text-based input file from one type
- Proof Reading - Allows to
run Word's proof reading tool against the input files.
- Quality Check - Allows you to compare the source and target entries of input files
- RTF Conversion - Allows you
to convert RTF files to text.
- RTF Splitting - Allows you
to split an RTF input file into several RTF files.
- RTF To TMX Conversion - Allows
you to generate TMX documents from translated Trados-like RTF files.
- Search And Replace -
Allows you to search for specified patterns of text and replace them.
- Term Extraction - Allows
you to extract terms from input files.
- Text Extraction - Allows you to separate translatable text from
the non translatable parts of an input file.
- Text Merging - Allows you to merge
XLIFF documents back into their original format.
- Text Rewriting - Allows you to make
various changes to the input files.
- Text Update - Allows you to
leverage (by unique identifier) into a source file the translated text of a
- TMX Language Duplicates Splitting
- Allows you to split duplicated language
<tuv> elements of a
- TTX To TMX Conversion - Allows
you to generate TMX documents from TTX files.
- Trados Batch Analysis -
Allows you to execute a batch analysis of input files with Trados.
- URI Conversion - Allows you
to to convert text to and from URI escape notation.
- XLIFF Concatenation -
Allows you to regroup several XLIFF documents into a single one.
- XLIFF Conversion - Allows
to convert XLIFF documents into other formats.
- XLIFF Splitting - Allows
you to break down XLIFF documents with multiple
into several documents.
- XML Partitioning - Allows
you to extract and merge parts of XML files to and from external files.
- XML Pruning - Allows you to
remove nodes from an XML document after comparison with a base document.
- XSL Transformation -
Allows you to apply an XSL template to a set of XML documents.
- And more utilities are being developed...
The same interface is used to expose the functionalities of the utilities. This
way you can write utilities can be access by different applications, and
application can provide launching mechanism for utilities regardless whether
they are implemented yet or not. Utilities can also take advantage of the common
Filter Interface mechanism to cater to a single type of input, but support all
filters that expose such interface.
The interface is also exposed as a COM interface. This allow you to use the
utilities in any application that supports COM/ActiveX, for example Microsoft Word
For more information about the interface, see the