How To Use Abacus
Abacus is a simple table where you can drop Trados CSV word count log files that
result from the Trados Workbench analysis function.
Word Count Table
To add a CSV file into the table:
- Drop the file on Abacus
- Or: select Add Files from the File menu.
The consolidation is done as follow:
|95% - 99%
|85% - 94%
|75% - 84%
|50% - 74%
The table contain one row for each analyzed file listed in the CSV files,
one row for the total for each CSV file, and one row for the grand total of
To see only the totals rows:
- Press F3 to toggle between full view or view totals only.
- Or: select Show Totals Only from the Options
Move And Copy Mode
Abacus provides a way to go through the different word count values
listed on its table and copy them into the Clipboard one after the other, so
they can be copied into another application with a minimal effort.
- Make sure the Move And Copy Mode setting is enabled in
the Options menu.
- Place the cursor on the first cell you want to copy and select
Reset Copied Value Location from the Options menu
(or press Ctrl+L). The value of the selected cell is copied
into the Clipboard.
- Go to the application where you want to paste the values.
- Go to the field where you want the current value to be copied, and
press Ctrl+V. this will paste the value into the field.
- Then, without leaving the application, press Shift+Ctrl+C.
This will be catch by Abacus, and the cursor in the table will be moved
to the next cell (which is the next column of the current row, or the
first column of the next row, if the current cell is in the Exact
Matches column). This command will also copy the value of the new
cell into the Clipboard.
- Repeat step 4.
Note that the Total column is not part of the columns in
If you want to copy only the totals, make sure to display only the totals
row (Select Show Totals Only from the Options