Olifant runs on any version of Windows that can run the Microsoft .NET
Framework v2.0 or higher: Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 (all
versions—Service Pack 6a required), Windows 2000 (all versions—no Service Packs
required), Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition, and Windows Vista.
If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework runtime files installed, the
installation will be interrupted and you will be prompted to install the
framework. Once the framework is installed you can re-run Olifant's installer.
If you have already on your system:
- A previous version of Okapi Olifant (Olifant 2.x or 3.x), you must
un-install it before installing the new version.
- Any version of ENLASO Olifant (Olifant 1.x or 0.x), you do not have
to un-install it. Both applications can run on the same system at the
To install Olifant:
Download the installation package from
- Open or unzip the ZIP file
- Execute the
- Follow the installation instructions. Note that if you have several Okapi applications
installed, you should select the same installation folder (by default: "
Files\Okapi") for all of them.
To un-install Olifant:
go to the
- select Add/Remove
- select the entry for Okapi Olifant.
- click Remove.
In some cases you can also directly re-run the installer: if the application is already
installed and if the version is similar,
it will ask you if you want to remove it or repair it. Simply select the removal
Changes Between Releases
- Fixed the bug where text imported from tab-delimited table was not
escaped to XML when added to the database. This resolves
- Updated libraries to match common build.
- Fixed the bug where cases were lost in search and replace fields because
of auto-completion This resolve
- Fixed the issue where clicking Find from the Find and
Replace dialog restarted at the head of the field. This resolve
If you have questions, suggestions or bug to report, you can do this
- Use the Send Feedback command in the Help menu
- Read and post notes in the
Tools users group (you need to be registered member to post, but not to
- Post an email to the
Okapi Framework administrator (you need to be logged in SourceForge.net
- Fill a bug report in the
Bug List (Click Submit New on that page, no login needed)
- Fill a feature request in the
Feature Request List (Click Submit New on that page, no
known issues are listed in the Bug List pages.